30th Sam White Memorial Aquathlons
Triathlon SA Junior State Series Race
Youth athletes (13 to 15 yrs old): Medium course
Junior athletes (16 to 19 yrs old): Large course
11:00am Tuesday December 26, 2017
ABOUT THIS EVENT
The Sam White Memorial Aquathlon offers courses for all ages and abilities, allowing you to enter as an individual or as part of a relay team. Sam White died on his 29th birthday in 1988 after being hit by a car whilst cycle training. He had been involved in sport for most of his life. In the 1970’s Sam was ranked nationally in the top ten for his age group in the 200m freestyle. By the 1980’s he was not only a consistent top five finisher in triathlons, but also the SA Aquathlon Champion. To encourage others to experience the sports he loved, Sam organised triathlons, biathlons and aquathlons for the community generally and secondary schools in particular. His legacy is the spirit of these events.
COURSES & MINIMUM ENTRANT AGES – Age is taken as of 31/12/17.
- Kids & Fun Courses – 100m swim/750m run. Minimum age is 7. 1.6km Fun Run. For 7-17yr olds.
- Small Course – 250m swim/1.7km run. Minimum age is 12.
- Medium Course – 250m swim/1.7km run X 2. Minimum age is 13.
- Large Course – 250m swim/1.7km run X 3. Minimum age is 14.
- Elite Course – 1.7km run/500m swim/1.7km run/500m swim/1.7km run. Minimum age is 14.
The Kids & Fun Courses are un-timed, non-competitive events for those who just want to have fun & finish. The Small, Medium & Large Courses follow an enduro format where you complete the 250m swim & 1.7km run course once (Small), twice (Medium), or three times (Large). Teams have one swimmer & one runner.
- Small Course: First male & the first female under 14yrs, 14-15yrs, 16-49yrs, 50+yrs; and both members of the winning relay team.
- Medium Course: First male & the first female under 16yrs, 16-17yrs, 18-34yrs, 35-49yrs, 50+yrs; and both members of the winning relay team.
- Large Course: First male & the first female under 16yrs, 16-17yrs, 18-19yrs, 20-29yrs, & then in each 10yr age category onwards; and both members of the winning relay team.
- Elite Course: Trophies and $2200 prize money will be awarded to first to fifth males & females as: (incl GST) $550, $220, $110, $77 & $55.
In addition to the above, the Aquathlons are the State Championships for Triathlon SA members. Triathlon SA members aged 16 years and older must enter the Large Course to be eligible for SA Aquathlon Champion awards. Members 13-15 years must enter the Medium Course and members under 13 years must enter the Small Course.
- RANDOM DRAW PRIZES: Must be claimed by winners in person at the time of announcement or they will be redrawn.
- WET SUITS: Wetsuits may be worn if the water temperature is less than 24°C.
- SCHEDULES: are valid at time of printing, however are subject to change.